Frederick Hodder specializes in cityscapes, panoramas and composite photographs of New York and other urban settings. Composite photographic images of New York's urban architecture were done by Edward Steichen in the early 20th Century to be followed by more recent photographers such as Jean-François Rauzier and Shai Kremer. Compositing allows the photographer to create images incorporating buildings, streets, overlays and other elements producing compositions reflecting the chaos and energy of the urban environment.
Hodder is represented by Michael Warren Contemporary in Denver, Colorado, and is currently exhibiting in a show entitled "Industrial Strength" at the Republic Plaza in Denver, Colorado, curated by Andra Archer. Earlier in 2017 he was selected to participate in the Colorado Photographic Art Center's annual show. He has exhibited at the Art Factory in Paterson NJ in a show "Industrialism II' and at Studio Montclair, Montclair NJ, in a show "Altered Images: Creativity beyond the Lens." He has shown work at the George Billis Gallery in New York, Belgravia Gallery in London, and the William Havu Gallery in Denver, Colorado. He has been included in two exhibitions at the Artists Gallery of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
His panoramas have been exhibited in the Rotunda of the Colorado State Capitol and in the offices of Colorado Senator Mark Udall. His works are held in the collections of the Hogan Lovells law firm, Denver, Colorado, and Costa Brown Architects, San Francisco..
Fred is from Colorado and currently resides in New York. He is a graduate of Stanford University and has studied photography at the Kensington and Chelsea College in London and the International Center of Photography in New York.
- "Industrial Strength", Republic Plaza, Denver, Colorado, September - November 2017
- Colorado Photographic Art Center, Denver, Colorado, June-July 2017
- Steamboat Springs Art Council, "New York Now", Eleanor Bliss Art Gallery, Colorado, August 2016
- New York Architectural Design Fair, Pier 94, New York, April 2016
- Mana Contemporary Open Studios, Jersey City NJ, November 2015
- Art Factory, Paterson NJ, "Industrialism", June-September 2015
- Studio Montclair, Montclair NJ, "Altered Images; Creativity beyond the Lens", May-August 2015
- George Billis Gallery, New York NY, "Artists Views of New York", July-August2014
- MANA Contemporary, Jersey City NJ, Artists Open Studios, May 2014
- Steamboat Springs Art Council, Colorado, "A Taste for the Arts", February 2014
- Offices of Senator Mark Udall, Denver CO, "Zirkel Range Mountain Panorama", 2010-2014
- William Havu Gallery, Denver CO, Recent Photography, 2010
- Belgravia Gallery, London UK, Christmas Show, 2008
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Artist Gallery, "Open Spaces", San Francisco CA, 2007